http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/home/department/Conchos/bezel-conchos/7786-06.aspx


Merry-Meet!

Craft Of The Wise
A Rose By Any Other Name

There's Truth To Every Tale
The Thrifty Witch
Kitchen Witch
Are You Going To Hell?
Candle Magic

Altars & Shrines
Dream Work
Dream Symbols
Releasing Negativity
The Divine
Working With Elements
Working On The Self
Familiars
Poetry
Passages From the Book of Life
Heathens Laugh Too

Words of Wisdom
Butt Prints in the Sand
ACW Statement

The Charge of the Goddess
The Charge of the God
I Did Not Die
The Witch's Rede
The Witch's Rune
The Witch's Code
The Witch's Creed
The Witch's Rede Of Chivalry
The Law Of The Power
13 Goals Of The Witch
To Be A Witch
To Risk
I Did Not Die
The Four Powers of the Magus
A Witch's Personal Manifesto
Two Witches

Faery Card Readings

Links & Resources

 

Journal of a Witch

 
 
 Bloggapedia - Find It!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 blog rating and reviews
 FindingBlog - Blog Directory
 Blogion.com - the definitive blog directory
 Link With Us - Web Directory
 
BlogMad
2-Review
Blogoriffic
Hot/Not
Blurt It
psychiclynx
Pagan Search
Web Weaver

Link to this blog





A Witch's Personal Manifesto

I demand these things as a Witch:

- I must pursue my Highest Ideals
- I must strive to elevate my ethics
- I must be as good as my word
- I must demand integrity of myself
- I must be willing to suffer for my religion
- I must willingly embrace discipline
- I must develop financial responsibility and independence
- I must be able to pay my bills
- I must pay attention to my diet & intake of food
- I must LIVE the Hermetic Principle
- I must respect the astral
- I must approach ritual with great care
- I must see ritual work as a disciplined art form
- I must consider seriously the ramifications of reincarnation
- I must conserve fuels
- I must recycle whenever possible
- I must not litter, not even a cigarette butt
- I must avoid negative energy, even within my own thoughts
- I must avoid placing blame for any of the events in my life
- I must take responsibility for my ill health
- I must take myself seriously
- I must have humor
- I must live with my eyes open and my feet grounded

I demand these things of myself as a member of the [Pagan] Community:

- I must support the work of making Wicca a respected religion
- I must expect financial accountability from those groups to which I donate monies
- I must stop the mockery of other religions (including anti-Christian sentiment sometimes found in modern Paganism)
- I must not support religious plagiarism (such as the teaching of shamanism by those who have never experienced the wilderness nor studied from a real shaman)
- I must be respectful of all other's ritual forms
- I must separate myths and reality in our history and in our future
- I must work to contribute towards a reputable public image of Wicca
- I must protest against pagans who use shock tactics in dealing with the public
- I must upgrade standards of Wiccan education
- I must support serious research of our religious heritage
- I must demand quality in pagan literature, newsletters and books
- I must support the assembling of libraries
- I must not be a religious isolationist and I must work to remove pagan ghetto mentalities from our communities
- I must demand provocative, challenging workshops over entertainment
- I must share my knowledge and skills
- I must make Initiations increasingly difficult, challenging and rewarding
- I must consider the amount of education other religions expect of their clergy when planning Wiccan training
- I must be willing to network
- I must remain in contact with pagans in other places

I demand these things of myself as a Priest/ess:

- I must prepare for the deaths and burials of our peoples
- I must provide for the future of my consecrated tools beyond my physical death
- I must work towards the establishment of legal ministries
- I must provide for children and their education
- I must provide for the survival of my Tradition

I demand these things of myself as a [Pagan] citizen:

- I must promote community service, being of help to all peoples regardless of their beliefs
- I must be willing to be political
- I must be a knowledgeable, active voter
- I must respect and utilize the system
- I must find value in the political system in which I live or work actively to promote change
- I must be aware of the world perspective
- I must extend myself

(If you know who the author of this piece is, please let me know so I can give credit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

 

 

All material unless otherwise noted is © Marylin Houle. All rights reserved.